It’s really hard sometimes to carry all of your documents, all together from places to places. You always have a fear in your mind of getting documents misplaced or stolen. If you are carrying them you fear to lose them somewhere on the way. right? Also, sometimes you think you have all of your documents with but on reaching the place you realize that one or two documents are not with you but at the home. Right again? What if I say I have a solution to all this problem? yes!there is a solution and i.e. DigiLocker for your Android device. So no more carrying around go digital.
What is DigiLocker?
DigiLocker is a secure cloud-based platform for storage, sharing, and verification of documents & certificates. The main aim behind this DigiLocker is to make paperless governance. It is a platform for issuance and verification of documents and certificates in a digital way. Thus, reducing the use of paper or documents. DigiLocker is a key lead under Digital India. The Indian Government’s flagship program aimed at molding India into a digitally empowered society and awareness economy.
Indian citizens who sign up for “DigiLocker” account get a dedicated cloud storage space that is linked to their Aadhaar (UIDAI) number. It ties into Digital India’s focus areas of :
- Shareable private space on a public cloud.
- Documents/Certificates to be available on the cloud.
Download DigiLocker APK v4.4.0
- Citizens can access their digital documents anytime, anywhere and share it online which is convenient and time-saving.
- It reduces the administrative overhead of Government departments by minimizing the use of paper.
- Digital Locker makes it easier to validate the authenticity of documents as they are issued directly by the registered issuers.
- Self-uploaded documents can be digitally signed using the eSign facility, which is similar to the process of self-attestation.
Organizations that are registered with Digital Locker can push electronic copies of documents and certificates (e.g. driving license, Voter ID, School certificates) directly into citizens lockers. Citizens can also upload scanned copies of their documents in their accounts. Documents can be electronically signed using the eSign facility.
The main technology components of the DigiLocker system are:
- Collection of e-documents that is exposed via standard APIs for secure, real-time access.
- A secure online mechanism for requesters to access e-documents from various repositories in real-time using URI (Uniform Resource Indicator).
- Dedicated cloud-based personal storage space, linked to each resident’s Aadhaar for storing e-documents, or URIs of e-documents.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- Sign up with mobile
- SYNC your Aadhaar
- Get documents from issuers
- Share documents with Requesters
- Documents verified by Requesters
HOW TO SIGN UP?
Signing up for DigiLocker is easy-all you need is your mobile number.
- Your mobile number will be verified by sending an OTP (one-time password) followed by selecting a username & password. This will create your DigiLocker account.
- After your DigiLocker account is successfully created, you can freely provide your Aadhaar number (issued by UIDAI) to avail additional services.